Allen Circuit and Superior Courts have curtailed operations through at least April 13 under terms of an emergency petition approved by the Indiana Supreme Court on March 17, 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The reduction in operations is effective immediately. Details of operational changes can be found here.
Any changes to the Court’s operational status will be posted to this page and to the Allen Superior Court Twitter page.
Anyone with concerns about their legal rights during Indiana’s public health emergency related to COVID-19 is encouraged to call:
- Your personal attorney
- The Allen County Bar Association – (260) 423-2359
- Volunteer Lawyer Program of Northeast Indiana – (260) 407-0917
ALLEN SUPERIOR COURT CIVIL DIVISION OPERATIONAL UPDATE (April 22, 2020)
Collections Process Protocol (Updated: June 18, 2020)
Order Mitigating Spread of Contagions (March 16, 2020)
UPDATE ON JURY TRIALS: April 3, 2020
Jury trials in Circuit and Superior Courts are cancelled through at least April 30, 2020. Individuals who have been summoned for jury duty through April 16, 2020, may disregard those summonses. All other summonses for the month of April are being cancelled prior to mailing. Bench trials are still an option, if a defendant requests it. Sentencings and guilty pleas will take place as scheduled.
ALLEN SUPERIOR COURT CIVIL DIVISION OPERATIONAL UPDATE: March 31, 2020
The Allen Superior Court Civil Division continues to carry out its caseload, with operational adjustments having been made in order to provide proper social distancing, during the COVID-19 emergency. Judges David J. Avery, Craig J. Bobay, Nancy E. Boyer, and Jennifer L. DeGroote today provided the following update on the current state of operations in the Superior Court Civil Division.
UPDATE: March 24, 2020
ALLEN CIRCUIT/SUPERIOR COURT JURY SERVICE UPDATE: From now until April 9, there are NO jury trials scheduled in Allen Superior Court. If you have a summons for now through April 1, you can disregard it. You might receive another jury summons at a later date. There are no jury trials scheduled in Allen Circuit Court until May.
UPDATE: March 20, 2020
On March 19, 2020, Governor Eric Holcomb issued an executive order regarding the temporary prohibition on evictions and forecloses. As a result, the Allen Superior Court Civil Division issued an order today taking the following steps:
- All residential foreclosure proceedings are stayed.
- All Sheriff’s sales of residential property are stayed.
- The mortgage foreclosure settlement conference process, including preliminary telephone conferences, settlement confereces and status hearings will continue.
UPDATE: Wednesday, March 18, 9 a.m.
- Allen Circuit and Superior courts will curtail operations through at least April 13 under terms of an emergency petition approved Tuesday by the Indiana Supreme Court, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The reduction in operations is effective immediately. Details of operational changes can be found here.
- The joint emergency petition by the Allen County Courts, and the order granting that petition under Indiana Supreme Court Administrative Rule 17, can be found online at the Supreme Court’s web site.