Allen County is one of 10 sites statewide where Commercial Courts began in 2016.
The purpose of Commercial Courts is to:
- Establish judicial structures that will help all court users by improving court efficiency;
- Allow business and commercial disputes to be resolved with expertise, technology, and efficiency;
- Enhance the accuracy, consistency, and predictability of decisions in business and commercial cases;
- Enhance economic development in Indiana by furthering the efficient, predictable resolution of business and commercial law disputes; and
- Employ and encourage electronic information technologies, such as e-filing, e-discovery, telephone/video conferencing, and also employ early alternative dispute resolution interventions, as consistent with Indiana law.
More information about Commercial Courts, including the Commercial Court handbook, interim rules, forms and applicable Supreme Court orders, are available via the Indiana Supreme Court Commercial Court.